Monday, July 15, 2013

2013 Shore Road 5K - 18:47 / 6:03


Net Time: 18:47
Pace: 6:03
Place: 1st Overall

After almost 200 races, I have finally nabbed my first overall win in a road race.  I wasn't even sure if I would do the race until the last minute.  I had a lackadaisical and cranky attitude during race day registration just thinking if it was wise to do it when I was a bit hungover and loads of drinking the day before.  I made random decision and gave my registration fee, hence no turning back.  I told myself that it's just 20 minutes of suffering and I can nap afterwards.  Overall, I kept a decent pace throughout and adjusting to the heat and humidity.  About 2 miles in, I just followed the biking volunteer, hold onto my pace and head straight to the finish line.  It was unchartered territory for me, a weird feeling but I'm glad it happened.  It definitely was not my best 5K time, but I guess a win is a win.  Also, the diluted field helped as well - most certainly!


Splits:
01:  6:03:35
02:  6:08:25
03:  5:57:76
.1:     :37:21

1 Comments:

Blogger DawnB said...

Congratulations you worked hard for it!!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home