Monday, December 10, 2012

2012 Las Vegas Marathon - 3:10:31 / 7:16 and More

Net Time: 3:10:31
Pace: 7:16
Rank: 52/3305


Las Vegas was a back-up plan after the NYC marathon debacle.  Truthfully speaking I should've started another marathon in 2013 but it was probably too soon being mind-phucked by the Hurricane.  Since this was my third time racing this city's monster, I thought I may have a chance to better my previous 3:05 time.  However, it was not meant to be.  While the mile markers were off, the major factor was the headwind of 30-35mph gusts on miles 1, 8-9, 11, 13-26.  It almost felt like exerting so much energy and effort and not going anywhere.  Since the racers were dispersed it was tough to find someone to take turns drafting.  By mile 23, i was physically spent.  I would've been ecstatic with this result 2 years ago, but it was a pretty disappointing result.  Although I was only in Las Vegas for a few days for the marathon, i really had one of the best weekends spending time with my best friends













Pre-Vegas Festivities @ ABC Beer Co., Valhalla, Hooters, Drop-Off Service, Ara











 
Post-Vegas Festivities @ Yuba, 56 Pine, Perfect Pint, Dram Shop, Zero Otto Nove, Terroir, ABC Beer Co.











Turkey Trot 5Miler
Net Time: 30:47
Pace: 6:09
Rank: 17/2268

Post hangover race before the Las Vegas Marathon.  Solid effort, but could've been more aggressive on the first two miles.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home