Thursday, March 18, 2010

ER

AFTER: 4AM 3/18/2010 (THURSDAY)


After the St. Patrick's Day celebration, I made my second lifetime trip (and hopefully my last) to the Emergency Room @ NYU. I was pretty tamed in terms of my alcoholic consumption (2.5), but the culprit would be the possibility of a lamb sandwich with tainted lettuce and tomatoes via Amity Hall pub near Washington Square. I remembered how daunting ERs were especially when I first waited to get treated for my dislocated fingers when I was 10. This time around, it was a severe abdominal pain in which I waited out and hurled intermittently for hours. Until 3:35 AM, the pain was too excruciating that I made an executive decision to hit the ER and get treated. Man, I thought I was going to pass out any moment; however fortunately with the dosage of Morphine and Valium the pain subsided temporarily. Originally the docs suspected or "clinical indication" of appendicitis, however after the CAT scan, it came out pretty normal "as the liver, spleen, adrenal glands. pancreas, gallbladder and kidneys are normal. Normal appendix is visualized. No evidence of lymphadenopathy mass. Lung bases and bones are unremarkable. No evidence of pulmonary edema or pleural effusions. Mediastinal contours are within normal limits" and concluded as a severe viral/bacterial infection. Whew. I just hope I'll still be ready for the National Marathon in 48 hours. Yes it is unfortunately, but shyt happens-deal with it; the best that I can do is trying my very best under the circumstances.

BEFORE: 7PM 3/17/2010 (WEDNESDAY)






Cheers,
Moz

2 Comments:

Blogger Billy said...

Damn dude - a guy as tough as you checking into the ER? You must've been in a world of hurt.

sorry to hear about your ordeal...hydrate, hydrate, hydrate for your marathon!

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Robert said...

That sucks. Hope you bounce back quick in time for your race.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home