Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Snow Patrol @ The Beacon


My 4th Snow Patrol show took place @ the Beacon. It's been awhile watching a show at that venue since Ben Folds/Duncan Sheik and imho, hated it! Overall, SP put on a good show, but not as great as the previous ones. Of course, I'm a bit biased since I'm all for standing room. Before the tour locations were announced, I was secretly hoping for them to play at Hammerstein, Webster, Wamu, Irving, Bowery or even Terminal 5! I just don't think the Beacon was a good venue for this type of band; if seated, I would prefer Carnegie Hall or BAM. In addition, SP's popularity caused an influx of listeners who only know a few of their hits. I guess that's what happens when a band has "made" it. Nothing wrong with that; just saying; again I digress. Leading more insult to injury, they only played a piece of the lightning strikes epic. Meh! However, I must add that the 4 standing heffers 3 rows in front of us was the audience from dirrty suburbia hell. Man, I'm going to need a happy pill to contain my douchebaggery for tomorrow's wrap-up meeting!

Setlist:
If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It
Chocolate
Hands Open
How To Be Dead
The Golden Floor
Make This Go On Forever
Run
Shut Your Eyes
Chasing Cars
Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking
Crack The Shutters
Take Back the City
Open Your Eyes
The Lightning Strike
Run (again)
You're All I Have




























Cheers,
Moz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home