Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Crank Opening @ Hiro Ballroom

We went to the Crank opening party @ Hiro. This was definitely the last nite to party hard before the big day. Running really brought the BAC-awareness in me. This is a good thing, at least my livers will love me for it. Btw, I hung out with Chicopea for a bit- she was there as well!

But seriously, I do enjoy getting crunked at a certain extent and yet it has been tough when there's 3-4 races a month and ever since taking care of the most important people in my life became my top priority. Even getting my arse up early on a Sunday morning to execute a long tempo run has been difficult. Overall, it all comes down to priorities and making wise decisions in scheduling the time for marathon training. In essence, it is never a win-win situation! I know I've said I won't be thinking about Boston; but clearly it has not been the case. Quite frankly, the nerves are kicking in as nothing I could do in my training right now would result in drastic improvements.

I know I'm guilty for downplaying the race simply because I'm not a huge fan of some runners mentioning "oh i qualified for this etc etc" and muttering the race on every single sentence of their conversation ad nauseum. Seriously we get your point and *blah blah blah...*?!? (J/K!!!!!); so pardon me: what do you think of the new citi-field? Did you get the new Mogwai & Utada album? Did you lose your faith in the NY Knicks? How's your tax refund coming along? :) Bottom line, it is not the olympics so there is nothing to be cocky about. I truly feel that if any runner can put the time and quality mileage into their training plus a sprinkle of self-belief, ANYONE can qualify for the race. To each of its own, they have every right to be proud and happy for themselves but for some, simmerin' down just a tad bit would go a long way.

In relation to that, I never share this with anyone but the thought of running a race that I've worked hard for is a feeling I can't describe on this blog. Maybe a feeling of accomplishment? Apprehension? Expectations? Unknown variables? Or maybe running the race without the most important people in my life? I don't know. I will have to find out on Monday. But one thing for sure...I am excited for the 20th as well as drinking like a fish in my post-race Sam Adams binging!!!! Furthermore, in a few days there's another marathon lined up. Once again, marathon training can be a vicious cycle, but I love it- Eff me!

Update: Shout outs to Jon for his comeback half marathon run at Cape Town with a 1:31 and Willis' 67 minute Cherry blossom run! Congrats!









Cheers,
Moz

4 Comments:

Blogger Billy said...

Train hard, party hard...I can dig it.

I disagree with you slightly about everyone being able to qualify with the right kind of training, but that's neither here nor there.

You earned it, you put in the miles...you should be very proud man. Congrats on punching a ticket to Beantown - have a great time, and we all expect a full race report when you get back!

12:54 PM  
Blogger DawnB said...

ken have a great race this weekend you're going to do great .

6:55 PM  
Blogger Willis said...

You're gonna rock! You've earned it!

However, I do completely sympathize with your thoughts about sacrifices and hardships of training. It's a tough balancing act to follow, but you're doing a great job of having fun and getting great results. Keep up the great work, and beat the cr** out of Boston for me!

7:47 PM  
Blogger chicopea said...

I'm beginning to not enjoy drinking as much every year. I hate that feeling when you waste the whole wknd!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home