Sunday, March 22, 2009

2009 Colon Cancer Challenge 15K - 1:01:44 / 6:38 (PR)


Final Time: 1:01:44 (PR)
Pace: 6:38
Rank: 95/2339
Age Grade: 66.6%


I had a bit of a hiccup before the race where I couldn't find my chip but luckily was able to retrieve it on the streets. Then rushed through the cab and was able to get to the start on time with one minute to spare. Truthfully, I was ready to hang my towel if I couldn't find the chip. In the end it all worked out and I guess it was meant for me to participate in this race :)


This marks my first official PR of the year and highest AG% score. This is definitely a huge 1:10 minute PR for me (previous PR: 1:02:54/6:45). After several letdowns, I've been analyzing what I needed to do to get over that hump of disappointment. However after discussing with my posse K, kruda and wongster, I came to realize that I need to chill-out because in the end it is just a friggin' race! Hence with their sagacious advice, I came into the race without analyzing my splits/mile and calculating how many seconds I'm off my target pace. All I did was pressing my split button and never once did I peek into my split times. Overall, i just put one foot over another and ran; simple as that.


I felt REALLY good after mile 5. Unfortunately, I did a bit of my Jets bumrushin' by purposefully elbowing one of the fairweather joggers in jeans on 90th & 5th. Truth be told, those 4 fairweather joggers asked for the nudge after intercepting my line of path, when they should've realize that a race was going on. A loud and resonating "OUCH!!!!! THAT HURTS!!!!" was what I needed; really music to my ears even though I had The Smiths & the Dears on full blast. It felt good in the beginning, but after the race, I would like to apologize for my actions. If you are reading this, I'm sorry and I'm sorry for being a douchebag of all dickery---- for 4 seconds.


The build-up for this race was simple. If memory serves me right I took a day of rest instead of two. I topped at 50 miles/week leading up to this race. I find that having two consecutive rest days after 6 days of running gets me lethargic. I guess a little spike in mileage, some good speedwork, one rest day, beers at Blind Tiger and Stone Creek, plenty of ice and tasty advils was what the doctor ordered. Eff me, I'm over-analyzing again. I'm going to publish this post and have several beers this afternoon and drown my sorrows with our Bearcat destruction---thanks to the blue cretins...Duke. Meh.


Splits:
1- 6:52:56
2- 6:06:66
3- 7:03:05
4- 6:29:66
5- 6:36:09
6- 6:44:36
7- 6:35:77
8- 6:44:81
9- 6:29:79
.3- 2:01:95

Cheers,
Moz

2 Comments:

Blogger Billy said...

Wicked splits again Moz - congrats on the huge PR man. Hell of a race.

12:29 PM  
Blogger DawnB said...

a nother PR!! great job. I thought you were going to take it easy with the racing :)

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home