Monday, March 31, 2008

Fairfield Blowout 30K - 2:12:36 / 7:07 Pace

Final Time: 2:12:36 (PR by default)
Pace: 7:07
Rank: 31/139

http://www.clubct.org/Results/08Results/08BlowoutRes.html

I skipped Mudder and Grunters and Scotland to run this 30K in Connecticut. I'm glad I did it and got an 18.6 miler out of the way! The course was scenic and you do hit on several trails which took me by surprise. Despite not taking any GUs, I felt ok out there. Well I felt great until Kim (whom I paced with most of the time) past me on mile 14, and Kieran on mile 15...Damn this totally sucks! I kind of thought I went out a bit too fast or maybe I spent most of my energy trying to pace with Kim.

I wouldn't mind doing this race again; $13 and loads of post-race snacks? Heck I'm there!

After the race, I met David Lucas, a former TRD member who resides in CT...random? Lastly, there seems to be a lot of West Point students running these races and they are animals ripping through the scenic course!

I can't wait for the Adventure Racing Series...QUEBEC here i come!

Cheers,
Moz

2 Comments:

Blogger DawnB said...

It was a great day for they race. Wasn't one of my better ones. This course is nice. We do it again in September, the Fall Frolic. Thanks for the visit and man are you fast I am sure you were giving those westpointers a run for their money, did I just make a joke :) nice job.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Killer pace. You are getting sick out there!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home