Monday, December 17, 2007

Holiday 4 Miler - 25:52 / 6:28 & Sushi Sasabune

Final Time: 25:52 (PR)
Pace: 6:28
Rank: 164/4951
Age Grade: 65.1%
Splits: 6:20 / 6:24 / 6:39 / 6:27

I have to give major props to any runners soldiering out in the cold last saturday. As for this Holiday 4 miler, as I've stated over and over again, short distance races in the blistering cold are definitely not my forte. However, I had to sign up for the 4 miler to become a more well-rounded racer. I started with wongster before the start, then met up with other TRD members (dima, john, laura and scott). As usual, I was pretty nervous because the last 4 miler I ran was July of 2006 and because of my struggles, i vowed to never run another race under 6 miles. Well a year later, that didn't happen! As I have stated before- comparing to longer distances, I'm not confident racing in short distances. Fortunately, based on my recent results, I expected to PR on this one. In addition, I need to push myself to run shorter distances to get out of my comfort zone.

As for the race, I clocked sub 6:30s on the first two miles, but the third mile slowed me down because of Cat Hill...damn you! Afterwards, it was smooth sailing. Boy it was tough, but I'm glad I did it and saved enough energy for a 6 mile bridgerun with Nike...hence that's why i missed the TRD brunch.

After the NIKE run, we headed to the Upper East Side to check out Sushi Sasabune and to Amanda's Holiday party afterwards. The sushi sasabune experience in Honolulu was a lot better. In addition, Masa was 10X better...at least the toro sushi didn't fall off. Would I go again? Not really. For the price it was not worth it as you can get better and affordable quality sushi at Tomoe in Soho.














Cheers,
Moz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home