Thursday, December 27, 2007

2007


As I anxiously await for what is in store for 2008, 2007 was a good year. Despite hearing the dismal news on the "streets", looking at the big picture I'm glad that my dad's doing great now and that's something money can't buy! This also marks my 2nd year of owning my apartment. To have a place of my own is a pretty awesome feeling and I'm glad I did it ;)

In addition, from what I thought was a disappointing winter running season (Manhattan half and Bronx half), I was satisfied in the end especially with my recent PRs and NYC Marathon time.

For my running goals for 2008, I look forward to keep the momentum going by incorporating a lot of cross-training, weight-training, long-runs and most importantly - to stay healthy. Furthermore, I'm going to sign up for other races outside the half marathon realm. I need to get out of my comfort zone and get used to different race distances. After the PR's for the year, I doubt I'll have a chance to break any PRs for 2008...however I do expect to run more consistently or moreso close to my PR times. Looking back at my NYC Marathon time, my splits from mile 20 and afterwards were horrific. Hence I need to learn to slow down in the beginning and not have the adrenaline get the best out of me. Other marathons I have planned for? I haven't the foggiest, but I'm eyeing on the New Jersey Shore Marathon or Long Island or Steamtown before the '08 NYC marathon.

As for music, I was a bit concert-crazy (Notable: Morrissey-4X, National-5X, Interpol, Travis, Keane and among others...) this year and wouldn't expect anything different for '08. But damn am I excited for the 2008's Jack Johnson and Morrissey release!!!! Below are my top 5 albums of the year.


Again, to cap 2007 off, it's been a good year. Albeit "a total downer" stemming from my dad's health for first quarter of the year; now that he is fine, a big weight has lifted off my shoulders and looking forward for a bright and healthy 2008. And yes of course...an AMAZING NY KNICKS Season with an Isiah firing and to top it with the GIANTS for the superbowl win!

The National - Boxer

3 Favorite Tracks: Fake Empire, Slow Show, Squalor Victoria






Rogue Wave - Asleep @ Heaven's Gate
3 Favorite Tracks: Fantasies, Cheaper Than Therapy, Harmonium



Interpol - Our Love To Admire
3 Favorite Tracks: Rest My Chemistry, Pace Is The Trick, All Fire Up






Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala
3 Favorite Tracks: A Postcard To Nina, Kanske Ar Jag Kar I Dig, Shirin



Travis - The Boy With No Name
3 Favorite Tracks: Closer, Battleships, Selfish Jean






Other notables: Spoon (Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga), Iron & Wine (Shepherd's Dog), Feist (The Reminder) & Bjork (Volta)

Happy New Year!

Cheers,
Moz

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year!

BTW - I just signed up for Jersey.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home