Sunday, September 23, 2007

Queens Half Marathon - 1:32:41 / 7:04


Final Time: 1:32:41
Pace: 7:04
Rank: 207/3589
Age Grade: 63.8%

Stayed over at the 'rents on saturday nite after bday drinks/dinner at Pio Pio. 7am at the start of the race...how crazy is that?!? As early as it was, I'm glad I ran it. I made the decision to race instead of running it on thursday nite. The course was different than last year, especially with the hills made it more difficult. Truth be told, I really wanted to finish this race without walking on mile 11 or 12 (circa '07 NYC Half)...glad i didn't! Total mileage for the week: 48 (8, 12, 8, 4, 3, 13) Overall, I'm satisfied with the result after the NYC half fiasco. Next up is the 18 Miler tune-up...I'll see how my fitness can hold up, if I'm ever ready for the marathon!

Random Thoughts:
-I have to recommend: "3:10 to Yuma", "The Hunting Party" and especially "Into the Wild" as must-see movies to watch.
-I'm sure everyone is aware of all the condo developments happening right now...but I just think it was weird for the wall to wall window units...do these tenants actually enjoy being watched?
-The 4,5 train is starting to bug me with the train traffic. Express service is total BS!
-Missed out on the National tickets at Music Hall in Willyburg...But have tix to terminal 5. Seriously, how can the tickets be sold out in...willyburg?!??!
-I want an iPhone...or maybe I should wait for the 2G one
-The view from Washington Heights over the Hudson is pretty awesome
-Currently obssessed with Rogue Wave and The National....
-Finally got rid of the extra Maroon 5 ticket (Section 4/C)...did it through craigslist...kinda' felt bad for the sucka willing to pay for that "value" ;) lol


Recent Ipod Playlist:

1. Beck - Timebomb
2. Bjork - Earth Intruders
3. Rogue Wave - Harmonium
4. The National - Available
5. Spoon - You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
6. The National - Abel
7. Rogue Wave - Fantasies
8. Blue October - Drilled a Wire Through My Cheek
9. Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
10. The National - Mr. November
11. Now It's Overhead - Walls
12. Beth Orton - Central Reservation
13. Interpol - Pace Is Trick
14. Garbage - When I Grow Up
15. Morrissey - In The Future When All's Well
16. Interpol - Rest My Chemistry
17. The Smiths - Sweet and Tender Hooligan
18. The National - All The Wine
19. Rogue Wave - Chicago X 12
20. Mark Ronson - Stop Me

Upcoming Concerts:
9/26- Blue Octobre @ Nokia
10/10- Maroon 5 @ MSG
10/11- The National @ Terminal 5
10/23- Morrissey @ Hammerstein
10/26- Morrissey @ Hammerstein
11/1- Rogue Wave @ Bowery Ballroom
11/5- Dashboard Confessional @ Webster Hall


Cheers,

Moz

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great race Moz! Congrats on a killer time for the half.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home