Monday, May 14, 2007

Five For Fighting @ Nokia and Then Some

While we procrastinated to get the Lacuna Coil tix at the Gramercy Theater; we paid a heavy price. The tickets were completely sold out. Hence plan B was to score some tickets for the Five For Fighting Show at the Nokia Theater. Chantal Kreviasuk was the opening act. She sounded like a dead cat. As for Five for Fighting, it was an "ok" show. I'll just lump them in the same category as Train (Oahu '04). At least Train performed a cover from Sublime. After the show, we were lucky to be seated at Tasca for some late spanish tapas. The food was "meh"; she agreed too that Boqueria/Tia Pol was better. Since we liked Otherroom so much from last two weeks ago, we decided to hang out there again.














Mother's Day-
My parents dropped by my apartment for a visit. I took them to City Crab for a nice Mother's Day brunch. Before they had to head back to Queens, I took them to the financial district for an office visit.


We finally checked out Ed's Lobster House later that evening. Great food, beers and ambiance. After dinner, we headed for more drinks at Cafe Gitane. It was certainly one of the best lazy Sundays I've had in awhile...just having drinks on a perfect weather. Then I thought...Tomorrow's Monday...I gotta' work! "EFFFFFFF!"




As for any running updates, I'm definitely going to take it easy for awhile. I just want to make sure I don't kill myself before the Half Marathons (SF,NYC, Gretes, SI, Queens) lined up in a couple of months. Last week, I never intended to run hard at Speed...but my legs definitely felt good out there. On hindsight, that thought could be dangerous and it was completely nuts of me to do speed 2 days after the marathon. Even flygirl talked me out of going to speed on Wednesday. In addition, I should've listened to Coach! Man, why the EFF am I so stubborn?!??!

Aloha and Cheers,

Moz

2 Comments:

Blogger nyflygirl said...

told you so, told you so, told you so...

:-p

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder that guy is in love with you!!! You know who I'm talking about!!!! LOL He's like, "I read your blog all the time ALOT" - remember? HAHAHA!!!!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home