Sunday, December 03, 2006

Goo Goo Dolls, Tia Pol, FIZZ, 40/40

**Update- Finally did the speed workout with the dogs for the first time in a month. I'm feeling pretty good as I didn't feel any pain on my left knee and ankle. This is a good sign, but at the same time will take it really easy and gradually work my way up for the Reckson Marathon. I'm glad that the cross and weight training is paying off!!!**

Next race: Manhattan Half Marathon (1/21/07)

Been slacking lately, but here are some ramblings:

I have learned an important lesson this week. On Friday, I went to the gym and just like any retarded schmuck, I brought my cell phone with me. As I was doing weights, I placed my cell phone on the floor. Little did I know that the focker right next to me dropped the weights as he was struggling with bicep curls and smashed it on my cell phone. He apologized, but on hindsight, it was literally my fault as I should never ever bring my cell phone to the gym. What is the deal with me and electronics? I think I am forever jinxed as the shit magnet of all electronics....first, sand on the Canon Powershot in South Beach, second, a cracked lens on ANOTHER powershot at the US Open....now this....

So the next day I had to purchase another phone. Granted I didn't have any insurance so I am phucked again. I was thinking of purchasing another LG Chocolate, but then I figured how fragile it was for the price...270.....My other option was the LG enV (slimmer sidewinder) for 320. So I was like, heck since I am the text messaging pro, I'll just go with this one.

Just when my day was going well, another shit has landed as my mom informed me that I have to go to jury duty on Monday. Seriously, how come I didnt know about this?!?!? Well, just like any dumbass, I forgot to change my driver's license address when I moved out. Literally my mom had to tell me about this last minute. Thanks! So I had to contact my senior manager via cell and inform him that I will be out on jury duty for Monday.

Jury duty was horrible and when the lieutenant told us that we have to be committed to 4 weeks for the grand jury, I was like there is no phucking way I am going to jury duty for 4 weeks. Granted, you miss out of work, but it is just not worth it to waste all that time in court when I have other projects to do. Luckily I got out of it the next day and will be exempt for another two years.

Here are some pics during the Goo Goo Dolls concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom below:

Before the show we checked out this place called Tia Pol on West 23 and 10th for tapas. The food was great, but I still prefer Boqueria and Pintxos over any tapas joint. After dinner we headed to an irish pub on 34th and 7 before going to the show.

The Goo Goo Dolls put on a good show but not as great as Snow Patrol. The crowd was horrible as underaged kids were smoking bongs in back the us. Also, since we had general standing tickets, we weaved through the crowd until this middle-aged focker wouldn't budge. Damn! There was this huge space in front of him and he felt "entitled" to hog it. Heck we didnt give a shit, pushed through and made it to the empty spot.

"Over It" was the opening act and man, did that show dragged on and on. Granted, I was never a fan of Goo Goo Dolls and never own a CD from them. The only tunes I knew were his popular ones with the likes of: "Name", "Iris", "Black Balloon", "Slide", "Let Love In", "Give a Little" etc, hence I have no clue about the setlist....

After the show, we ate in K-Town then headed to FIZZ on 55th/Lex for a Scott's party. The Parisian lounge was a joke as you can barely talk with speakers going to the maximum decibel level causing ear damage. I mean I had enough ear damage at the concert and I need to endure this again? Phuck!!!!! However, the crowd was great; very North Shore meets Murray Hill (if you know what I mean kekeke). Anyway, there was a cover and drinks were definitely overpriced as they tried to be "exclusive". Would I come here again? a definite no.

On Friday, we dined at NOVO for tapas. The place sucked!!!! Then we partied at 40/40 mainly because my buddy from the UK came to NY for a quick visit. I unceremoniously had to leave a bit early because I still felt the effects of a hangover and lack of sleep from thursday nite's libation with The Reservoir Dogs at PD Hurleys (UWS).


Goo Goo Dolls




















Over It - Opening Act




TIA POL





FIZZ




NOVO




40/40 Club





Aloha and Cheers,

Moz

2 Comments:

Blogger LANYTransplant said...

Tia Pol's good, but the space is too small. Sucks about your phone and all the other electronics.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you back at the speed workouts, Moz!

Jud

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home