Sunday, October 08, 2006

Tool @ Nassau Coliseum & 18 Miler Tune-Up



Tool put on a kick ass-show @ the Nassau Coliseum on Saturday Nite (10/7)!!!

Speaking of ass, after watching how the Yanks got their ass kicked by Detroit at Hooters, we headed to the venue. Upon entering the parking lot, there were shit loads of drunkards tailgating! Damn, this wasn't even a football game! Anyway, we had "alright" seats, but nevertheless, ISIS (opening act) was pretty good and Maynard's energy was simply amazing. After the show ended, asides from "deaf" ears, we carried a stench that would give us something to remember by. We smelled like mary jane. Great... we totally smell like ass now. Eff! Thanks a lot for the gift... STUPID FOCKERS!

The setlist:

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (My favorite Tool Song by far!)
Vicarious
Aenema
















Official Results for the 18 Mile Tune Up:

Net Time: 2:15:50
Pace: 7:32
Rank: 305/3711

Unofficial Splits:

Mile 1: 7:59:14
Mile 2: 7:41:58
Mile 3: 7:31:21
Mile 4: 7:34:26
Mile 5: 7:15:71
Mile 6: 7:54:20
Mile 7: 7:33:24
Mile 8: 7:31:23
Mile 9: 7:24:80
Mile 10: 7:22:63
Mile 11: 7:34:75
Mile 12: 7:22:47
Mile 13: 7:40:07
Mile 14: 7:42:82
Mile 15: 7:27:73
Mile 16: 7:28:78
Mile 17: 7:36:41
Mile 18: 7:10:97



Since I'll be skipping the Staten Island Half, this will be my last race (21) before the ING Marathon and first competitive 18 miler! It was pretty chilly in the beginning as I saw nyflygirl from afar. But after a quick warm-up I was ready for the race. Coming into the race, Mog and I decided to pace together at a comfortable 8 minute mile pace. On a sidenote, Mog is a crazy machine! He practically ran 2 miles beforehand, for a sum total of 20 miles after the race. Now that's pure dedication!



Throughout the race, little did I know that we were going on sub 8s. We basically were in sync till the third loop of Cat Hill (mile 16?). Then around mile 17, I spotted Josh on 86th. Actually, we were trailing behind him on the second loop, but I had no idea it was Josh from the backside. Nevertheless, Josh put on a Flash Gordon with some crazy nitro and kicked my arse at the Finish line. Awesome job man- Just check out the pic!!!



Overall, I am very pleased with the results, although I only wish I had pushed a little harder on mile 13 and 14. Heck shit happens! Also, I couldn't believe how seriously I was craving for a beer! Anyway, I'm just glad I'm able to leverage this positive experience for the NYC Marathon.



Aloha and Cheers,

Moz

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great race Moz. And thanks for the inspiration to push out that last mile.

Love the photo. I am going to use it on my blog too. I hope that's ok...?

5:14 AM  
Blogger Morrissey said...

no worries josh- feel free to use it!

5:56 AM  
Blogger nyflygirl said...

i did 2 miles before as well to make a 20-miler...better to do it before than after, methinks! :)

good job! don't worry too much about miles 13 & 14-those are the toughest hills of the course and that was the 3rd loop so you did just fine there.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you of all people should have recognized josh's backside... wait, did that come out right?

10:09 AM  
Blogger A little about me... said...

Great job. I'll be looking for all you guys at the finish line of the marathon. (I'm volunteering -- not running).

12:53 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

Moz, glad you had a good tune-p. I think everybody who went out last weekend had a good one.

too bad you didn't come out to SI today; it was really a beautiful day to run.

I too am volunteering for the marathon, and i'll post on my blog where I'll be stationed, so I hope you'll give me a shout when you go by.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home